The Majority Leader of the House of Representatives has released the calendar for the week of July 9th and H.R. 2309, the Postal Reform Act, is not on the agenda. As noted previously, the next step for H.R.2309 will come when the House Committee on Rules will meet to consider under what rules debate will occur on the floor and may determine which amendments the House will consider when debating the bill. It is possible that the Rules committee could meet early this week to allow consideration of H.R. 2309 on what appears to be a vote free day on Wednesday, July 11th. However, that meeting is unlikely to be held until a manager’s amendment to H.R.2309 is completed and circulated. As major stakeholders who support H.R. 2309′s approach had not seen the text of this amendment as of Friday, it would appear that the chance of any action on postal reform this week is slim.
Monday, July 9th
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 4155 – Veteran Skills to Jobs Act (Sponsored by Rep. Jeff Denham / Oversight and Government Reform Committee)
2) H.R. 4114 – Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2012 (Sponsored by Rep. Jon Runyan / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
3) H.R. 4367 – To amend the Electronic Fund Transfer Act to limit the fee disclosure requirement for an automatic teller machine to the screen of that machine (Sponsored by Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer / Financial Services Committee)
4) H.R. 5892 – Hydropower Regulatory Efficiency Act of 2012 (Sponsored by Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers / Energy and Commerce Committee)
5) H.R. 6019 – Juvenile Accountability Block Grant Reauthorization and the Bullying Prevention and Intervention Act of 2012, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee / Judiciary Committee)
6) S. 1959 – Haqqani Network Terrorist Designation Act of 2011 (Sponsored by Sen. Richard Burr / Judiciary Committee)
7) S. 2061 – Former Charleston Naval Base Land Exchange Act of 2012 (Sponsored by Sen. Lindsey Graham / Judiciary Committee)
Tuesday, July 10th
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Begin Consideration of H.R. __ – Repeal of Obamacare Act (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Eric Cantor / Energy and Commerce Committee / Ways and Means Committee / Education and the Workforce Committee)
Wednesday, July 11th
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Thursday, July 12th
On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. Last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
Complete Consideration of H.R. __ – Repeal of Obamacare Act (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Eric Cantor / Energy and Commerce Committee / Ways and Means Committee / Education and the Workforce Committee)
H.R. 4402 – National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2012, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Mark Amodei / Natural Resources Committee / Judiciary Committee)
Friday, July 13
On Friday, the House is not in session.